Sunday, January 19 2pm-4:45pm
Our book discussion just for grades 7 - 8! Come and discuss what you liked, or didn't like, what you learned, and much more! Snacks and drinks provided.
Our Popcorn and Paperbacks book discussion is for students in 9th through 12th grade. We meet on the 4th Sunday of each month at 2pm. Read the book, come discuss, have somesnacks, and watch the movie. We'll compare and contrast to decidewhich one we like best!
Lake Villa District Library volunteer opportunities:
- ODD JOBS – Assist the youth services department with office support, summer reading prize box assembly, cleaning, book reviews and more. Available for Grades 7-12 (Ages 12-18)
- MIDDLE SCHOOL VOLUNTEERS – Assist the youth services department at drop-in programs. Volunteers will help with the set up and clean up of the program room and assist staff during the program. Available for Grades 7 & 8 (Ages 12-14)
- HIGH SCHOOL VOLUNTEERS – Assist the youth services department at registered and drop-in programs. Volunteers will help with the set up and clean up of the program room and assist staff during the program. Available for Grades 9-12 (Ages 14-18)
Lake Villa District Library cardholders can take practice ACT, SAT, ASVAB and many other tests online anywhere for free.
To take the tests:
1. Click the link above
2. Enter your library card number
3. At the top of the screen, click College Prep Tools and select your test
You'll need to make a user name before you get started. Your user name ensures your test will be scored, and it allows you to take part of the test at one time and sign in later to finish it.
The Testing and Education Reference Center also includes
- Study guides
- Test prep courses
- Career tools and resume builder
- AP exams
- Grad school entrance tests
- Military tests
- Live 1-on-1 help in math, science, English, and social studies from noon to midnight
- Writing center for help with essays
- Grade school to college level
Use it for: Extra help with assignments, proofreading essays