Current Job Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in employment at Lake Villa District Library. LVDL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites interested and qualified individuals to apply for open positions. Applications and resumes are accepted for posted positions only.
LVDL is seeking enthusiastic, experienced part-time Facility Assistant to join our team. The Facility Assistant will report directly to the Facility Manager and will be responsible for routine cleaning, building maintenance tasks, closing and securing the facility, and providing back-up assistance to the Facility Manager.
- Performs routine daily cleaning of facility including vacuuming, dusting, cleaning floors, windows, bathrooms, emptying trash/recycling receptacles, etc.
- Monitors and ensures facility and grounds are clean and attractive
- Monitors library for safety concerns and secures and alarms/disarms building
- Performs grounds keeping tasks including removal of snow and ice and application of salt and other duties to maintain the safety and appearance of the facility and grounds
- Assists with room set-ups for programs and meetings
View full job description
- Minimum age 18
- Custodial experience preferred
- Experience with various maintenance tools and equipment
- Valid driver’s license, proper vehicle insurance and access to transportation
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours
Status: Part-Time, Non-exempt, 10-15 hours per week
Schedule: Regular evening and weekend availability is required
Schedule includes late afternoon/weeknight shifts, Saturday and/or Sunday hours
Pay: $15.23/hr. BOQ, plus benefits
Starting: As soon as possible
Deadline to apply: Until position is filled. To apply, send cover letter, resume and completed application to:
Julie Binkley – Administrative Services Coordinator
Lake Villa District Library, 1001 E. Grand Ave. Lake Villa, IL 60046
or email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical Services Clerk
Lake Villa District Library Technical Services department is seeking a detail-oriented individual for a variety of material processing, repair and maintenance tasks.
See job description for specific responsibilities.
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent. 6 months library experience preferred.
Hours: 15 hours per week: 9am-2pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday. Please note: this is a permanent, year-round position.
Pay: $11.61 per hour
Deadline to apply: Review of applications begins Nov. 1 and will continue until the position is filled. To apply, submit completed application to email@example.com.
To submit the printable application, email a completed copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or return a hard copy to the library. (Applications can also be found at the Circulation desk)
To submit the fillable application electronically, please download the PDF to your computer, fill in the fields, and submit to email@example.com.