Current Job Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in employment at Lake Villa District Library. LVDL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites interested and qualified individuals to apply for open positions. Applications and resumes are accepted for posted positions only.
Young Adult Reference Associate
Lake Villa District Library is seeking a creative, tech-savvy and passionate person to join the Young Adult (YA) team in our brand-new facility!
This part-time position offers the opportunity to play a vital role as a YA Associate. Duties include direct customer service support to the public, including reference, reader’s advisory and assistance with various technologies; collection development responsibilities; program planning and implementation; and more.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and self-motivated. Relevant experience working with young adults—and an interest in YA literature—are strongly preferred.
Excellent communication and team skills are a must, as is proficiency with technology. A healthy sense of humor is a definite plus!
This position reports to the Head of Youth Services (YS) and will collaborate with other YA- and Youth-focused staff in YS, as well as staff in other departments.
- Bachelor’s degree with one year of previous experience working with young adults, OR LTA or Associate’s degree with two years of public library experience and experience working with young adults preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with technology (particularly Microsoft Office applications).
- Ability to work a schedule including daytime, evening, and weekend hours.
- Access to transportation.
- 16-hour weekday schedule: Wednesdays 3 – 9pm; Thursdays 3 – 9pm; Fridays 2 – 6pm.
- Additional weekend hours will be assigned on a rotating basis.
Email cover letter, resume and application to email@example.com. Mail to Julie Binkley, Administrative Services Manager, Lake Villa District Library, 140 N. Munn Rd., Lindenhurst, IL 60046.
Deadline to Apply
Open until filled.
To submit the printable application, email a completed copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or return a hard copy to the library. (Applications can also be found at the Circulation desk)
To submit the fillable application electronically, please download the PDF to your computer, fill in the fields, and submit to email@example.com.