Current Job Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in employment at Lake Villa District Library. LVDL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites interested and qualified individuals to apply for open positions. Applications and resumes are accepted for posted positions only.
Lake Villa District Library (LVDL) – Facility Assistant – Part-Time
LVDL is seeking enthusiastic, experienced part-time Facility Assistant to join our team. The Facility Assistant will report directly to the Facility Manager and will be responsible for routine cleaning, building maintenance tasks, closing and securing the facility, and providing back-up assistance to the Facility Manager.
- Performs routine daily cleaning of facility including vacuuming, dusting, cleaning floors, windows, bathrooms, emptying trash/recycling receptacles, etc.
- Monitors and ensures facility and grounds are clean and attractive
- Monitors library for safety concerns and secures and alarms/disarms building
- Performs grounds keeping tasks including removal of snow and ice and application of salt and other duties to maintain the safety and appearance of the facility and grounds
- Assists with room set-ups for programs and meetings
- Minimum age 18
- Custodial experience preferred
- Experience with various maintenance tools and equipment
- Valid driver’s license, proper vehicle insurance and access to transportation
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours
Status - Part-Time, Non-exempt, approximately 10 hours per week
Schedule - 10-15 hours/week with potential for additional hours as needed. Regular evening and weekend availability is required. Schedule includes late afternoon/weeknight shifts, Saturday and/or Sunday hours.
Salary - $15.56/hr. BOQ, plus benefits
Starting - As soon as possible
Send cover letter, resume and completed application to:
Julie Binkley – Administrative Services Manager
Lake Villa District Library, 140 N. Munn Rd., Lindenhurst, IL 60046 or email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to Apply - Until position is filled
To submit the printable application, email a completed copy to email@example.com or return a hard copy to the library. (Applications can also be found at the Circulation desk)
To submit the fillable application electronically, please download the PDF to your computer, fill in the fields, and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.