If you need more information about a service, or, if you have a question about a service not listed, please contact us. We'll do our best to help you.
LVDL staff are available to provide assistance in the operation of equipment. Copiers are not intended for high-volume use.
- Black and white | 10 cents per copy
- Color | 25 cents per copy
- Single or double sided
- $1 for each page faxed. We cannot receive faxes on your behalf.
- Scanning documents to an email is free.
- Scan documents or photos.
- Scans can be saved to a flash drive or sent directly to an email address.
- Print from your computer, laptop, tablet, or mobile device
- Black and white | 10 cents per page
- Color | 25 cents per page
- Print jobs will be held for 2 hours
- To print from an Apple or Android device
Free inside the building. Look for the network named “LVDLPublic” on your device. (You’ll probably be able to connect from the parking lot, too, but it’s much cozier inside).
Windows 10 desktops are available. Each is equipped with Microsoft Office 2019 and Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome.
- Call 847.245.5115 to confirm the availability of notary staff. Calling ahead will ensure that a notary is available to assist you.
- Complete, but do not sign, all documents before your visit. Documents must be signed in front of the notary.
- Each signer must provide a current, valid identification issued by a state or federal agency that includes a photo and a signature.
- Please bring your own witnesses if they are required.
- LVDL is unable to notarize:
- handwritten wills
- Cook County real estate documents
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification forms
Notarizing documents is free. Not all staff members are authorized to notarize documents, so we recommend calling ahead to ensure that a Notary will be present. Please keep in mind that Notaries cannot give legal advice. Questions about documents should be referred to qualified legal counsel or to the parties requesting the notarization of the signature.
More information in our full Notary Policy.
Due to COVID-19, test proctoring services are unavailable until further notice.
Available when the library is open. Requires prior arrangements with a proctor.
Tests can be proctored at no charge to Lake Villa District residents. Students who need to have a test proctored must coordinate with their institution and the library. Librarians will work with students to schedule a time that works for both people.
We ask that you read our Test Proctoring policy to understand your responsibilities.
Call 847.245.5115 to confirm the availability of a registrar.
Bring two forms of identification, and make sure one form lists your current address. (A driver's license and a library card would work just fine)
Online voter registration is available until 10/18/20.
Completed mail-in voter registration applications must be postmarked or delivered to the Lake County Clerk’s office by 10/6/20.