Wintertime is the perfect time to visit LVDL’s electronic resources from the comfort of your own home and try something new.
Our resources can help you write a paper, learn a language, fix a car, plan a vacation, and a whole lot more. Almost all resources are available anytime, anywhere.
If you're looking for a library service, like faxing, notarizing, or test proctoring, please visit our services page.
- We have a collection of popular books on hand at the library that can be checked out as a group.
- If you don't want one of the books we already have, we can also obtain up to 10 copies of popular books that can check out for 6 weeks at a time. Fill out the Book Discussion Request Form and we'll get to work.
- A suite of resources supporting local authors
- Design and export your own e-book using Pressbooks software
- Submit your e-book for inclusion in Indie Illinois, Indie Author Project Select, or the Soon To Be Famous Illinois Author Project
- Read and discover e-books from idependently published authors
- Open to all Illinois residents and sponsored by Reading Across Illinois Library System
- Book reviews, award winners, and read-alike recommendations
Use it for: Finding your next favorite book
Did you know: If you like Sue Monk Kidd, you’ll probably enjoy Elizabeth Gilbert, Kim Edwards, and Curtis Sittenfeld
- Book reviews and suggested reading lists for students Kindergarten through 8th grade
- Lexile scores for books
Use it for: Book reports, finding a book to read
- Interactive, talking picture books for kids
- Works with Flash player directly in web browser; no downloading required
Use it for: A fun way for kids to read, entertainment on long car rides